Your views are important and will help Pevensey Parish Council focus on what’s important to local people.
DID YOU KNOW THAT PEVENSEY PARISH COUNCIL?
- Is the first & most local tier of ‘local’ GovernmentConsists of 13 unpaid volunteer Councillors
- Has a small annual budget funded mainly through the ‘precept’ (part of the council tax)
- Has reduced its part of the precept since 2014/15 and has the 12th lowest parish precept in Wealden
- Precept this year totals only £66,325, which equates to £50.40* per year or 97p* a week
- The average annual parish council precept in Wealden is £68.81*
- Is under significant financial pressure because of reductions in Government Support & in some East Sussex County Council services
- Wants to keep its part of the precept as low as possible
The Parish Council is therefore writing its first 3 Year Plan in order to take a longer term view of the financial challenges facing the council
It’s important that you have your say & help the Parish Council focus on what is most important to you. We can then decide how best to manage the limited resources we have & focus not only on what a Parish Council must do but also on what’s important to you.
Chairman Pevensey Parish Council
(* average precept per band D household)